Saturday, October 2, 2010

RSS Reader - Having the Technology Work for You

I have been using an RSS Reader for quite a few years. Ever since I started using an RSS reader, I have realized how the technology was "working" for me. The power of the RSS Reader is it allows you to "mine the Internet" for information on topics your are interested.

I am able to "follow" many different educational blogs without having to type in the URL and visit the blog everyday. Whenever someone posts something new to their blog I automatically get notification of it in my RSS reader. I do not know why anyone would not use an RSS reader. I would never survive and stay on top of the latest trends in education without using an RSS reader.

For anyone who is new to RSS readers, my words of wisdom are that you will soon understand the power of RSS. Many people ask me to explain what RSS is. My best explanation is that "you just have to use one to really understand". So, if you are not using an RSS reader learn about how to setup and use an RSS reader here. Once you start using one you will never go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment